For heap leaching and dry tailing stacking there is no better solution than the lizard®. With thyssenkrupp’s newly designed mobile stacking bridge you benefit from lower CAPEX and less fatigue.
Depending on the operation thyssenkrupp provides tripper cars travelling on rails or on crawlers. For bench conveyors of 2,000 mm width or more, tripper cars on crawlers are utilized.
How you benefit from the new design
- Lighter bridge structure and smaller bridge crawler drives
- No loads from the travelling tripper car on the bridge – no fatigue issues on the structure
- Easier transitions points between bridge segments – no stress from the travelling tripper car on top of the bridge structure
- Simpler operation and alignment of the bridge crawler drives
- Lower bridge height thanks to simplified bridge design and construction
- Generally higher dump and longer outreach possible due to stand-alone tripper car
- Lower bridge height and lower discharge height of bucket-wheel reclaimer as the same design applies to the reclaiming bridge
- Implementation of the adapted in-house developed control algorithm into the Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- GPS antennas to validate location for each crawler unit
- Alignment transducers to measure and validate orientations and set directions for a controlled maneuverability
- Speed encoders to receive relevant speed data and control movement for each crawler
- Transducers to measure and validate crawler unit orientation relative to the machine
Leaching is a mining technology used to extract precious metals, copper, uranium or other combinations from ore via a series of chemical reactions that absorb specific minerals and then re-separate them after their separation from other earth materials. As the demand for commodities from the mining and metals industries has increased in recent years due to the growing demand for sustainable urbanization and industrialization solutions, heap leaching has become an essential process for gaining the necessary raw materials, e.g. for e-vehicle batteries. The benefits the lizard® (mobile stacking bridge) brings make it a more reliable solution for heap leaching.
Tailings are fine-grained residues in the form of sludge resulting from the treatment of ores. Dewatered stockpiling (dry stacking) is a safer alternative to tailings dams for tailings disposal. Dry stacking is applied in areas with limited space and water resources, and where topographic and geotechnical conditions prohibit conventional impoundments (wet tailings). For dry tailing stacking the lizard® again offers a more reliable and efficient solution.